Historical assessment was used to ascertain the Hall of Fame’s two charter members in 2004. All subsequent HOFers will be chosen using set criteria as follows.
• As many as one female and one male may be inducted into the HOF during any year.
• HOF nominations may be made by anyone who has run at least two Montana Cups.
• Nominations must establish the following HOF qualifications.
– Nominees must have raced in at least five Montana Cups.
– Nominees must have affirmed passion for the Montana Cup.
– Nominees must have done at least one of the following:
Significantly improved the Montana Cup as an event, or
Distinguished her or himself during team and or individual Montana Cup
• If either gender has more than one qualified nominee in a given year, the group will be narrowed to one by a vote of all living HOFers. Voting ties can only be decided by debate among HOFers.
• Each gender’s top vote-getter will then be re-voted by secret ballot by HOFers, with a two-thirds majority needed to confirm HOF induction.